As part of my experimenting with new vegetables this is a very easy soup to make, especially when you have two rug rats vying for your attention.
- Good glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 450ml vegetable stock (boiling water)
Easiest method ever
Oven 200°C, fan
- Slice up the fennel & cauliflower width ways
- Dice the aubergine about 1.5cm square
- Throw all of vege in a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and roast for 30 minutes
- In a large pot or food processor blitz the vege with the stock & chickpeas
- If you’re feeling a little bit naughty and not vegetarian – throw in a 75g of cooked bacon lardons
I didn’t use any seasoning because of the small people, plus I was feeling naughty and added the bacon lardons…however if you’re reading this I’m sure you’re responsible enough to season to taste.